Senior Pensions Consultant – Research & Development
We’re growing and want you to be a part of our journey.
Our Actuarial & Consulting Team
As part of this role you’ll be working in Isio’s Actuarial & Consulting team – over 400 pensions consultants and actuaries advising a diverse range of clients and stakeholders across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
We advise on everything from helping trustees and sponsors to manage their defined benefit plans, running large scale communications projects and implementing alternative reward and pension provision. The range of work we get involved with is vast and there’ll be opportunities for you to gain lots of great, new experiences and put your skills to the test.
This particular role will be as part of the Pensions Research & Development (“R&D”) Team. Our R&D team is at the heart of knowledge management, technical support and product development at Isio. The team’s key objectives are to:
- Bring together knowledge from across the business - making it easy for consultants to easily access the best thinking, materials and tools we have
- Support the training of consultants, leading our thinking on emerging issues and the development of new ideas
- Drive efficiencies and strong risk management in the business alongside a culture of innovation
What’s the role?
We’re looking for an experienced pensions consultant or actuary with industry experience, backed up with a curious and rigorous mindset, to join our specialist R&D team.
As a challenger in the industry, we are looking for individuals with excellent pensions consulting and technical skills, a commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Day to day, role and responsibilities:
- Support the R&D team to provide high quality technical and consulting materials and tools, including taking responsibility for drafting/reviewing these materials.
- Work with the senior R&D team members and wider Partner & Director group to drive the various specialist proposition groups across Isio.
- Help research topics and developing areas – including considering commercial. impacts/opportunities and supporting the development of training and client materials.
- Support in the design and development of Isio’s central models.
- Work with client teams to answer technical queries and provide specialist technical input.
- Support the R&D team’s goal to support knowledge management on a national basis – curating central IP, sharing materials, running training sessions and gathering examples of improvements and innovations.
- Help keep our team up to date on industry developments, respond to industry consultations and our external press commentary.
- Add value to new business activities including production of standard proposal materials and providing specialist input on tender submissions.
- Work with R&D team members, Chief Actuary and Risk team to ensure high professional standards are maintained.
As part of your role, there will be a wide range of opportunities to get involved in a lot of different areas of pensions consulting and have access to a wide range of contacts.
Where is the role?
We can offer a range of locations for you to choose from – we have Isio offices in Belfast, Birmingham, Bristol, Croydon, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Leeds, London, Manchester and Reading.
We work on a hybrid basis, offering the opportunity for colleagues to split their working time between working in the office and at home.
As a business we are great at building strong communities amongst our employees – both across locations and teams, hosting regular team building, charity, and social events.
Key skills and experience
We’re looking for new colleagues with the following skills and expertise – but, please do apply if you don’t hit every requirement and still think you would be great for the role. Our business is better with a diverse range of experience, so we’ll consider each application on its own merits.
– Applicants are expected to be a chartered actuary, PMI, CFA qualified (or equivalent).
Technical ability – being able to research and understand concepts across a wide range of topics.
A great communicator – someone who can explain complex problems in a simple way to help everyone around the table understand.
Enthusiasm and motivation - a great deal of desire to solving problems and delivering excellent support to our teams.
Excellent project management skills – especially when balancing multiple demands.
Commercial skills – to help us develop our business and look for new opportunities.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.
What we offer you
Isio is a people business, and we’re committed to helping our great colleagues gain a wide variety of experience, significant development opportunities and progression through the business. The variety of work that’ll be available to you will enable you to do this.
On top, we also offer:
- A competitive remuneration package, including a bonus scheme.
- A defined contribution pension scheme.
Income protection benefits.
25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays) as standard with the option to purchase additional days of holiday. As well as two additional ‘Company’ days – a celebration day for your birthday and an extra day over Christmas.
- Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Flexible working opportunities.
- A flexible benefits package.
Internal development programmes including (technical and non-technical) training support and mentor programmes.
- Where required study support including study days, materials and exam entry support.
Click on the ‘apply’ and follow the simple application process on-line.
Isio was ‘born’ in 2020 from the sale of KPMG UK’s Pension Practice to a private equity firm. An industry-leading challenger, we provide diverse expertise spanning Pensions, Investment, Benefits and Wealth to give clients an integrated experience.
Isio is built by challengers, innovators and forward-thinkers, grounded around a vision which strives to deliver greater financial confidence for everyone. We empower and develop those who join us – valuing curious minds and giving people the freedom to outperform. Known and respected for our agility, we harness specialist experience, bold thinking and the desire to push the boundaries of what we can achieve for our clients, from small to blue chip, public to private.
Isio is growing and we are looking for people who share our purpose and behaviours to join us on this journey, as we continue driving exceptional results for both our clients and people.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
Isio Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.