Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy from actuarial expertise through to investment advice and third-party administration, as well as advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for members. Following the acquisition of Premier in January 2022, now is an exciting time to join us as we broaden our offering. You will play a key role in driving forward Isio into the future.
We’re a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
Project Manager - Premier Wealth Planning
We are seeking a project manager to support our pension member option projects.
This role is specifically intended to manage the operational teams in delivering scheme projects alongside business as usual operations. You will be supporting the operational teams in the delivery of well-run pension liability management exercises and be the day to day contact for the client, introducer and trustees. This role is designed to help us quickly adapt and deliver member option projects to a high level.
With the support of administrators, paraplanners, advisers and team leaders you will be required to simultaneously deliver a number of different projects for clients. Organisational skills and the ability to prioritise competing demands are therefore essential. A knowledge of project management tools is highly desirable for this role. Previous experience of working on and delivering projects is our primary requirement.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prioritising project and scheme work to ensure delivery in accordance with client Service Level Agreements.
- Processing scheme events and projects within targets ensuring it complies with internal standards and scheme and legislative rules.
- Peer reviewing and checking member and scheme events processed by less experienced Administrators and Project Management supports to ensure they comply with the code of good conduct.
- Producing Management Information reports, issuing surveys, annual performance reports based on set templates as well as assisting in the creation and improving of these reports where required.
- Maintain a culture which reflects Premier’s values and puts the member at the heart of all activities.
- Attendance of Trustee or client meetings.
- Attending internal and external meetings to provide support and guidance on scheme event and project related administration issues.
- Keeping up to date with technical and scheme changes.
- Identifying and recording fee events.
- Liaising with contacts to maintain and build strong client relationships.
The types of projects you will be asked to work on will include:
- GMP conversion/equalisation and PIE projects.
- Flexible Retirement Options projects.
- Enhanced Transfer Value projects
- new scheme implementations.
- running our Business as Usual clients on an ongoing basis
- individual technical or high priority projects.
- supporting schemes into the buyout/in process
- cover for the operational teams when necessary.
The work is extremely varied and you will be supported by an experienced and knowledgeable team. You will be expected to adapt quickly and to spend your time working on a mix of projects prioritised by their commercial and operational importance.
Reporting to the Head of Member Advice you will be expected to work independently. Whilst the role does not have any direct management responsibilities you will be expected to work alongside the operational teams and manage any resources allocated to you for the delivery of your projects. This could include trustees, administrators or third party suppliers.
Experience and Competencies Required
You will be working on a range of projects that will require strong technical skills and a good understanding of pension legislation. You will be expected to deliver projects to a high level rather than manage resources but should be able to alert management if more resources are required. Ideally you will have experience in working in a similar role and have a strong technical background.
- Prince 2 Qualification
- Excellent IT skills and willingness to learn new systems
- Excellent Organisational skills
- Strong Influencing skills
- Advanced Communication skills
- Commercial awareness and sound judgement
- Experience of interacting with clients/trustees.
- High level of Attention to Detail
- Experience of Intelligent Office
- Experience of Calendly/Active Campaign
- Strong technical pensions and legislative knowledge and understanding
- Experience of delivering services to Defined Benefit pension schemes.
- Client Management experience
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.