Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy from actuarial expertise through to investment advice and third-party administration, as well as advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for members. Following the acquisition of Premier in January 2022, now is an exciting time to join us as we broaden our offering. You will play a key role in driving forward Isio into the future.
We’re a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
Pensions Fund Accountant
We are looking for individuals with strong technical pensions accounting knowledge, and excellent organisational and communication skills to join our established team.
Role and Responsibilities
- Complete the preparation of the annual pension scheme report and financial statements for a portfolio of clients in accordance with current statutory and regulatory requirements
- Liaising and building relationships with the auditors and Trustees to ensure that pension scheme reports and financial statements are completed in line with client requirements and signed off within statutory deadlines
- Complete year end investment manager reconciliations
- Complete nominal ledger reconciliations as required
- Maintaining required technical knowledge and expertise, and sharing best practice with colleagues within the team
- Oversee the daily treasury function for several scheme bank accounts ensuring that scheme cash books are updated on a daily basis
- Review the production of the monthly bank reconciliations
Experience and Competencies
- AAT/ACCA part-qualified as a minimum (qualified is preferable)
- Experience of working within the specialised area of pension scheme accounting is preferable
- Strong bookkeeping skills with practical experience
- Excellent organisational skills and an ability to manage time effectively is essential
- Strong communication skills
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose:
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.