Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy from actuarial expertise through to investment advice and third-party administration, as well as advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for members. Following the acquisition of Premier in January 2022, now is an exciting time to join us as we broaden our offering. You will play a key role in driving forward Isio into the future.
We’re a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
About the Role
Our Reward & Benefits team plays a central role in Isio’s ambition to broaden our offering beyond pensions. Our team has already seen significant growth, and the recent acquisition of Premier has accelerated our plans – we expect to achieve rapid growth as we take our expertise to market and we are looking for new talent to join the team.
Across our team we have experts in strategic benefit design, employee wellbeing and support, Defined Contribution pensions consulting, benefits technology and risk and healthcare. You can read more about these services here: Reward and Benefits (isio.com)
As a financial coach, your primary role will be to contribute to our employee wellbeing and support proposition. This will include direct interaction with employees via one-to-one financial coaching sessions, seminars and group workshops. In addition, you will be involved in more general consulting activities within the Reward and Benefits team and we will work with you to agree where you focus that time across the services we offer our clients (above). In our experience, this involvement across a broader range of activities provides greater opportunities for development and makes us better financial coaches; the types of activities you could become involved in are set out under ‘Responsibilities’ below.
Whatever your background, we are looking for individuals with excellent consulting skills, financial awareness, empathy and the willingness to work across a range of evolving services to deliver the best possible outcomes for our clients and their employees.
You’ll work with people with differing areas of expertise and based in a variety of different offices.
A key part of your role will be to carry out one-to-one financial coaching sessions, seminars and workshops with employees to help them better understand their finances, benefits and support available. Sessions may be virtual or face to face, depending on client needs.
Examples of other work that you may be involved in could include:
- Involvement in designing and implementing innovative benefit strategies for the modern world.
- Attending client meetings to understand client needs and help their organisation provide a benefit strategy that meets the needs of their employees.
- Analysing employee data and survey results to consider views and circumstances of employees.
- Running projects to review, change or implement specific employee benefits or technology, or to support organisations in communicating with employees.
- Helping clients with the governance of their benefits (e.g. pensions).
- Developing content for seminars and/or workshops to employees.
- Managing projects to deliver financial coaching sessions to employees.
- Taking responsibility for drafting or reviewing content and managing the work undertaken by members of the team.
- Contributing to new business activities including involvement with tender submissions and pitches.
Experience and competencies
- Excellent listening skills, and ability to communicate complex topics in a simple way.
- Excellent organisational skills with dependability, and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- The ability to take on a high level of responsibility.
- At least 3 years’ experience of working in a coaching, consulting or advice role.
- A passion for financial wellbeing and the desire to help people.
- Demonstrable technical knowledge of some financial and/or employee benefits areas, with a willingness to expand knowledge further.
- Good IT based experience, including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- The ability to think objectively and without external influence.
- Commercial awareness and sound judgement.
- The ability to work effectively in a team including delegation.
- Willingness to manage clients and build strong relationships.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.