Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy from actuarial expertise through to investment advice and third-party administration, as well as advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for members. Following the acquisition of Premier in January 2022, now is an exciting time to join us as we broaden our offering. You will play a key role in driving forward Isio into the future.
We’re a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
Investment Advisory – LDI Specialist
Our Investment Advisory team offers full investment consulting services to both trustees and sponsors of pension schemes across both defined benefit and defined contribution markets. Our practice is expanding to provide advice to charities, insurers and high net worth individuals on a range of investment issues. Our Investment Advisory team has grown significantly over the last few years and is a key growth area for Isio over the next few years meaning significant investment in new ideas and technology.
Core to our success as an Investment Advisory business is the research that we undertake, both for our existing client mandates and towards developing new thinking.
We are looking for an individual with genuine enthusiasm and interest in Liability Driven Investment (LDI) to join as a specialist within our Investment team. The role has flexibility to split your time across LDI manager research, LDI solution structuring, and/or investment consulting, depending on your interests and experience.
- Attend client meetings as an LDI specialist
- Project management capabilities, ability to deliver multiple workstreams to tight deadlines
- Oversee junior members of the team to help them deliver projects
- Deliver training to colleagues on LDI related topics
- For LDI manager research:
- Assist the head of LDI research in the day to day running of the LDI research team
- Take ownership of the operational aspects of running the team including resource management
- For LDI structuring:
- Production and checking of LDI modelling and other technical LDI work
- For investment consulting:
- Providing support in the provision of investment advice to our clients
- Help design innovative investment strategies including growth portfolio design, liability hedging portfolios and cash flowing matching portfolios
- Attending client meetings with other members of the team and contributing to the delivery of advice where appropriate
- Taking responsibility for checking the work of more junior members of the team and drafting reports
- Acting as a point of contact for a range of clients
- Support new business activities including production of tender submissions
- Working towards the Actuarial or CFA exams, or qualified.
- 2-5 years of experience in financial services, ideally in an investment consultancy environment, and with experience in LDI research or structuring
- Strong technical LDI knowledge and modelling skills
- Commercial outlook and internal drive
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to deliver multiple workstreams to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills including strong presentation skills
- An understanding of the asset management industry
- Proactive approach
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose:
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.