Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy from actuarial expertise through to investment advice and third-party administration, as well as advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for members. Following the acquisition of Premier in January 2022, now is an exciting time to join us as we broaden our offering. You will play a key role in driving forward Isio into the future.
We’re a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
Risk & Healthcare Consultant
Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of consultancy advice and business development / growth of healthcare
portfolio of clients including the more complex schemes.
- Independently developing and increasing the portfolio of healthcare clients and increasing its profitability.
- Participate in project and tenders work as required.
- Assist Senior Consultants and Directors with more complex queries ensuring they are dealt with
quickly and effectively.
- Conduct reviews according to renewal schedule for all assigned clients.
- Write/draft comprehensive reports, detailing market review findings, recommendations and specification of cover for client presentation and client reviews.
- Handle and resolve the day to day queries both relating to new and existing business, liaising
between colleagues, providers and clients.
- Install and assist in setting up new arrangements.
- Ensure the appropriate implementation of policies including assisting clients with all relevant documents and regulations.
- Identify and oversee any changes / restructuring needs of clients’ healthcare arrangements.
- Assist, monitor and manage claims on behalf of the client, as required.
- Assist Senior Consultants and Directors to manage portfolio so overall client goals are met in
accordance with specified objectives and constraints.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the market practice, insurer terms and conditions and legislation (as appropriate)
- Play a proactive role in development of Risk & Healthcare team
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, colleagues and providers to safeguard
high client’s satisfaction levels.
- Attend client meetings (independently) and undertake client / employee presentations (as appropriate).
- Liaise with insurers and assist with gathering market intelligence and product information.
Experience and Competencies Required
- Sufficient credit for Diploma / Advanced Diploma (Dip CII) whether or not applied for
- Pension scheme knowledge
- Analytical and numerical ability
- Excellent planning and organising, time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good team player
- Stakeholder management
- Wide Healthcare industry knowledge with at least 3/4 years healthcare experience with an Employee Benefits Consultancy, National IFA or provider office
- Strong risk & healthcare knowledge
- Full understanding of current and future financial legislation and regulation and their developments
- Windows computer packages including Practice Engine, Intelliflo, Outlook, and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Willing to work to towards CII Diploma (if not already attained)
- Experienced in providing Risk & Healthcare advice, including strategic reviews, design and implementation of solutions
- Ability to identify commercial opportunities from legislative and other structural changes in market
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.