Isio launched in March 2020, previously KPMG’s UK pensions practice, and is now one of the UK’s largest independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists. Isio combines actuarial expertise, third-party administration, investment consulting and DC specialism. Giving clear counsel and delivering better outcomes for pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members.
Isio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – what you are, and what you can be. We offer a competitive package and intelligent working solutions to promote this.
Our Pensions Administration team is focussed in four offices: Reading, Birmingham , Croydon and Manchester. This role will be connected to our high-profile office in Spinningfields Manchester, and you will have the ability to work flexibly at home and from the office. Our Manchester office is lively and there are regular social events to bring people together.
Your development is important to us, and you will be encouraged and supported to learn and develop your technical and people skills. This is a high profile, leadership role and we are looking for someone to build on the performance and growth of our service in the area.
- As the Senior Manager for the Manchester Pensions Administration team, you will lead a large team of pension administrators and be able to clearly articulate expectations, direction, timelines, risks, and expected work results. You will take an active role in supporting employee wellbeing, ensuring colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop.
- As part of the national leadership team, you will act as the focal point to drive forward local performance acting as a positive force, addressing all team and individual challenges whilst also contributing to national objectives.
- As a pensions expert you will use your technical knowledge and time management capabilities to focus on operational effectiveness, ensuring process and procedures are fit for purpose and add value. You will also act as the conduit between other teams such as actuarial, payroll and projects.
- You will be an expert at managing your own time and that of teams, working on different projects with the ability to delegate effectively and forward plan. You will take responsibility for the management of large-scale projects (i.e. £100k+) to deliver on time and within budget.
- With the onus on quality delivery, you will identify ways to work more effectively, helping to drive consistency and improved margins through effective contract and commercial management of our service.
- The face of Pensions Administration in Manchester, you will develop partnering relationships with leaders of other functions to improve service and growth. You will also represent the service at Trustee and client meetings and work closely with our Partners and Directors to develop relationships with current and potential clients to secure additional business. This will include leading involvement on new business pitches.
- Technically astute you will be confident in interpreting pension regulatory changes and making the required revisions to our internal processes, particularly in relation to DB schemes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Previous experience of working in a senior pension administration role with an emphasis on quality delivery ideally within a consultancy environment
- A passion for people development and member service.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the leadership qualities to positively influence colleagues and inspire everyone to deliver to their best ability
- Excellent organisational skills with experience of managing multiple projects.
- Able to converse confidently with clients, both existing and future with engaging presentation skills
- A true innovator, able to identify opportunities to improve the client deliverables and add value
- Previous experience of identifying new business and profit opportunities
- A competitive salary dependant on experience
- Car allowance
- Family private healthcare
- Pension scheme with 6% employer contributions
- 25 days holiday (plus a day off for your birthday and a company day at Christmas), with the ability to purchase more leave
- Company close down between Christmas and New Year
- Access to a wide range of flexible benefits including cycle to work, healthcare, group income protection etc
- Life assurance x 4
- Performance related bonus (discretionary)