Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy from actuarial expertise through to investment advice and third-party administration, as well as advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for members. Following the acquisition of Premier in January 2022, now is an exciting time to join us as we broaden our offering. You will play a key role in driving forward Isio into the future.
We’re a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
DC Investment - Consultant
Within our Reward & Benefits business, our dedicated Defined Contribution investment specialism offers full investment consulting services to trustees, sponsors and governance committees of DC pension schemes. Our DC Investment team has grown significantly over the last few years and is a key growth area for Isio over the next few years due to the increasing demand for quality investment advice in the DC market.
We are looking for individuals with excellent investment consulting skills, strong DC pensions technical skills and market knowledge, a commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Whilst the role is primarily to deliver quality investment advice to our DC clients, there is also an opportunity to be involved in business development, provider and fund manager research and internal functions to suit candidates strengths and previous experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead DC investment consulting role on a portfolio of DC clients as well as supporting Partner/Director advising large Own Trust and Master Trusts.
- Contribute to strategic thinking for large and complex DC clients so strategies continue to be fit for purpose.
- Involvement in designing and implementing innovative DC investment strategies for the modern world.
- Attending client meetings and delivering advice on a range of topics.
- Contributing to new business activities including involvement with tender submissions and pitches.
- Contributing to thought leadership on new issues being considered for default strategy design and evolution.
- Involvement in researching DC provider default strategies as well as individual DC funds for bespoke solutions.
- Supporting wider DC team advising clients looking to change providers or DC vehicle.
- Taking responsibility for drafting or reviewing reports and managing the work undertaken by members of the team.
- Internal management functions including development of junior team members (including coaching and performance management).
Experience and Competencies Required:
- Applicants are expected to be FIA/FFA or CFA/CISI qualified (or equivalent).
- Growth mindset.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Extensive previous investment consulting experience (ideally DC related).
- The ability to take on a high level of responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a team including delegation.
- Willingness to manage clients and build strong relationships.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose:
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.