Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy from actuarial expertise through to investment advice and third-party administration, as well as advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for members. Following the acquisition of Premier in January 2022, now is an exciting time to join us as we broaden our offering. You will play a key role in driving forward Isio into the future.
We’re a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
LDI/Risk Specialist - Senior Consultant
We are looking for an experienced person to come in as a senior member of the team, capable of scoping and delivering modelling projects, with a focus on LDI restructuring. Within this role you will specialise in asset and liability modelling and help pension schemes manage risk using LDI asset strategies. You will support other consultants as a risk specialist and develop modelling techniques to continue to build our proposition within the market.
You would contribute to the delivery of advice and solutions for a broad range of sophisticated clients and build experience working with clients that use our solutions to reduce-risk. We anticipate this role will offer both internal and external consulting opportunities, with broad scope for future development.
Role and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of UK pension scheme liabilities and appropriate ways to hedge the risks inherent in these types of liabilities
- Demonstrate knowledge of the different assets and instruments used to design and implement hedging solutions for UK pension schemes
- Ability to design and critically evaluate different hedging solutions
- Ability to implement LDI solutions to manage risk
- Monitor markets and keeping abreast of key development impacting hedge portfolios.
- Work with investment managers to make changes to clients’ portfolios
- Build strong relationships internally and collaborate effectively on cross-functional teams
- Consult internally and externally as a modelling subject matter expert, often as part of a broader consulting team, being able to explain complex technical concepts and their impacts in a clear and straightforward manner
- Experience in designing and implementing investment strategies, including growth portfolio design, liability hedging portfolios and cash flowing matching portfolios
- Experience in thought leadership, including a desire to contribute the strategic direction of our advice to clients
- Experience in team leadership and implementing firm level polices and values on important areas such as diversity, inclusion and wellbeing.
- Applicants are expected to be FIA/FFA or CFA qualified (or equivalent)
- Have 8+ years of relevant experience
- Growth mindset
- Strong analytical skills, including extensive modelling skills gained in a technical role
- Direct experience in Liability Driven Investment (LDI) management, LDI consulting and/or actuarial consulting would be beneficial
- Detailed knowledge of derivatives and UK pension scheme liabilities – including development of liability benchmarks on both 2D and 3D methodology
- Experience consulting to clients on liability hedge design and implementation
- Experience in working as part of a team and providing leadership/mentoring to junior staff
- The ability to take on a high level of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- Appetite to drive forward innovative thinking on strategy development
- A passion for self-learning
- Not afraid to challenge preconceived ideas
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.