Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy from actuarial expertise through to investment advice and third-party administration, as well as advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for members. Following the acquisition of Premier in January 2022, now is an exciting time to join us as we broaden our offering. You will play a key role in driving forward Isio into the future.
We’re a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsible for delivering the highest quality of client services to both existing and new clients. Reporting directly to Head of DC Consulting. Also supporting directly and via the consultants both the Client Director and Senior Consultants
- Ensuring accurate delivery of all client service requirements with a view to always exceeding expectations whilst keeping the client services provided commercially viable to Isio.
- Supporting change to ensure client service provision continually evolves alongside ever changing market and client requirements.
- Assist Senior Management and New Business Consultants to manage portfolios, so overall client goals are met in accordance with specified objectives and constraints.
- To encourage cross-team working.
- Build positive, lasting relationships with clients.
- Provision of specialist strategic pension and employee benefits advice at Board level to corporate clients
- Advice provided and presentation of the solutions is key to winning mandates for Corporate Pension and benefit business
- Responsible for formulating complex, bespoke employee benefit solutions addressing the issues facing employers of all sizes
- The job holder will be internally and externally recognised as a market expert in either Corporate pensions, employee benefits consulting and technology, group risk or employee counselling services, whilst having a working knowledge in all disciplines
- Assist in development of commercial strategy and initiatives to support ongoing and future corporate objectives
- Income generation from the sale of bespoke Pension and Benefit solutions to corporate clients to achieve agreed targets
- Activity that identifies corporate pension, employee benefits, group risk and employee counselling opportunities within existing and new corporate customers
- Develop innovative benefits solutions for corporate clients
- Identify and refer other business opportunities to Isio Group
- Responsible for driving and generating sufficient activity and client contact to achieve targets and income generation
- Ensure a high level of client service satisfaction, identify dissatisfactions and respond to issues with cost effective solutions
- Ensure costs within budget
- Record activities on the time recording system accurately and on time
- Ensure all client invoicing is completed on time and in accordance with the agreements in place
- Accurate record keeping on client activities, projects and ad hoc work
Experience and Competencies Required
- Degree standard or equivalent
- Wide Industry knowledge with at least 5 years pensions/benefits experience with an Employee Benefits Consultancy, National IFA or Life office
- Proven sales track record
- Experience of developing new relationships
- Commercial / Entrepreneurial - advanced level
- Communication / Influence skills - advanced level
- Technical skills and knowledge advanced level
- Drive for results at advanced level
- Problem solving / decision making - advanced level
- Project Management – advanced level
- Wide Industry knowledge with at least 5 years pensions/ benefits experience with an Employee Benefits Consultancy, National IFA or Life office
- Proven Client Relationship Management Experience
- 2-3 years managerial experience
- Pension - Advanced Level
- Group Risk and Healthcare - intermediate level
- Flexible Benefits - Advanced level
- Team player
- Able to operate at Board level
- Lead, motivate, coach and provide inspiration for direct reports
- Sound Judgement
- Presentation skills
- Negotiating skills
- ASFA/FSFA/Chartered or PMI Equivalent
- Prospecting skills
- Business Networking
- Previous sales experience with excellent track record
- Trust Based Pensions - intermediate level
- Flexible Benefit Consulting - advanced level
- Employee Financial Education - intermediate level
- DB/DC closures/wind ups
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.