Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy from actuarial expertise through to investment advice and third-party administration, as well as advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for members. Following the acquisition of Premier in January 2022, now is an exciting time to join us as we broaden our offering. You will play a key role in driving forward Isio into the future.
We’re a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
Risk & Healthcare Analyst
Role and Responsibilities
Administer an established portfolio of risk and healthcare clients, ensuring that excellent customer service is provided. In addition there is regular opportunity for involvement with new business cases investigating current benefit structures and working with senior colleagues to construct pitch presentations/proposals.
The role will involve regular client contact as well as back office administration, and providing support to Consultants / Senior Consultants / Head of Department / Directors as required. Full training will be provided that builds on your existing risk and/or healthcare knowledge.
- Responsible for some aspects of consultancy advice and all administration of a risk/healthcare portfolio of clients.
- Assist Consultants / Senior Consultants and Head of Risk & Healthcare with queries ensuring they are dealt with quickly and effectively.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, colleagues and providers to safeguard high client satisfaction levels.
- Assist in developing and increasing the portfolio of risk & healthcare clients and increasing its profitability.
- Handle and resolve the day to day queries both relating to new and existing business, liaising between colleagues, providers and clients.
- Install and assist in setting up new arrangements.
- Write / draft comprehensive reports, detailing market review findings, recommendations and specification of cover for client presentation and client reviews.
- Ensure the appropriate implementation of policies including assisting clients with all relevant documents and regulations.
- Identify and oversee any changes / restructuring needs of clients’ risk and healthcare arrangements.
- Assist, monitor and manage claims on behalf of the client, as required.
- Create and maintain client files both electronically and in paper form.
- Assist Consultants / Senior Consultants and Head of Risk & Healthcare to manage portfolio so overall client goals are met in accordance with specified objectives and constraints.
- Conduct reviews according to renewal schedule for all assigned clients.
- Participate in project work as required.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with clients, colleagues and providers to safeguard high client’s satisfaction levels.
- Attend client meetings (joint, if required) and undertake client / employee presentations (as appropriate).
- Liaise with insurers and assist with gathering market intelligence and product information
- Act as contact point for colleagues in the Company.
- Take own responsibility to adhere to the Company’s published rules and guidelines for GDPR and IDD as well as other financial services legislative requirements and the Company’s SLA’s.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with employees, line managers, etc. etc.
Experience and Competencies Required
- Analytical and numerical ability
- Excellent planning and organising, time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good team player
- Wide Healthcare industry knowledge with at least 2 years risk and healthcare experience with an Employee Benefits Consultancy, National IFA or provider office
- Ambitious with a professional attitude and appearance.
- Displays, enthusiasm and conviction when communicating
- Takes personal responsibility for maintaining own professional development
- Confident and approachable
- Client focused
- Hard working – occasionally out of normal hours
- A-Level standard or equivalent
- Sufficient credits from CII Certificate (Cert CII)
- Good understanding of current and future financial legislation and regulation and their developments
- Listening skills
- People Skills
- Ability to work on own
- Presentation Skills
- Negotiation skills
- Listening skills
- People Skills
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.