Isio launched in March 2020, previously KPMG’s UK pensions practice, and is now one of the UK’s largest independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists. Isio combines actuarial expertise, third-party administration, investment consulting and DC specialism. Giving clear counsel and delivering better outcomes for pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members.
At Isio our primary purpose is to create better outcomes for clients, their members and society by empowering and developing our people. We strive to attract, retain and develop our people to create a culture which embraces difference, and provides creative solutions which drive value for us, our clients and our communities.
Isio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – what you are, and what you can be. We offer a competitive package and intelligent working solutions to promote this.
Operational Excellence in Pensions - Manager
The Operational Excellence in Pensions (OeP) team has a vacancy for a Manager who
will be part of a national team. The role is to help clients assess and improve all aspects
of Operational Delivery within Pensions with focus on administration, governance and
data. Given the national scope of this role, we are happy to consider candidates in any
one of our regional offices
Role and Responsibilities
• Lead the day to day delivery to a number of our pension clients who include some
of the largest and most complex DB and DC pensions schemes in the UK.
• Work directly with pension providers and insurers and with public services
• Work with our clients to design and deliver reviews of administration operations,
service improvement plans and administration provider tenders and selections.
• Involvement in GMP reconciliation and data cleansing work prior to GMP
equalisation, or other data and benefit audit projects.
• Help clients assess and enhance their governance and effectiveness, with a wide
range of projects including Trustee Board Effectiveness assessments, governance
structure reviews and risk management.
• Responsibility for leading the day to day management of the people delivering
these projects, as well as being the first point of contact for your clients.
• Review the work carried out by more junior members of the team as well as
working directly with clients yourself.
• Train and mentor more junior members of the team.
• Develop relationships with current clients and potential targets in order to support
the team to secure further work and add to revenue.
Experience and Competencies Required
The ideal candidate is expected to have a good level of experience at a consultancy
carrying out work similar to the role requirements.
• Sound market knowledge and a passion for excellence in administration and
governance of pensions.
• Proven experience of working with trustee boards and/or scheme sponsors to
deliver administration or governance projects.
• Good communication skills, problem solving and experience of managing people
• Knowledge of a variety of administration packages, the TPA market (a background
in administration may be helpful but not essential) and Word, Powerpoint and
Excel packages would also be advantageous.
• As a Manager, you are likely to be expected to have gained or working towards
Pensions Management Institute qualifications
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.