Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy from actuarial expertise through to investment advice and third-party administration, as well as advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for members. Following the acquisition of Premier in January 2022, now is an exciting time to join us as we broaden our offering. You will play a key role in driving forward Isio into the future.
We’re a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
Operational Excellence in Pensions - Assistant Consultant
The Operational Excellence in Pensions (OeP) team has a vacancy for an Assistant Consultant who will be part of a national team. The role is to work with the team on projects to help clients assess and improve all aspects of Operational Delivery within Pensions with focus on administration, governance and data.
Role and Responsibilities:
- You will assist with the delivery of wide and varied projects to a number of our pension clients who include some of the largest and most complex DB and DC pensions schemes in the UK. We also work directly with pension providers and insurers and with public services schemes.
The OeP team works with our clients to deliver a broad range of services, including:
- Design and delivering reviews of administration operations, administration strategy, service improvement plans and administration provider tenders and selections.
- Data strategy projects, includingGMP-related exercises and benefit audits.
- Trustee Board Effectiveness assessments, governance structure reviews and risk management assessments
You will have the opportunity to get involved in the preparatory analysis required in the project delivery, prepare reports and participate in client meetings. You will be supported by more senior members of the team who will be keen to hear your ideas and help develop your potential.
Experience and Competencies Required
The ideal candidate is expected to have a some experience at a consultancy carrying out work similar to the role requirements. You will have some market knowledge and a passion for excellence in administration and governance of pensions.
- Good communication skills, problem-solving and a curious nature are essential.
- Ability to demonstrate strong team working skills is important as well as being able to demonstrate proactivity and initiative.
- An understanding of general pensions legislation as well as some experience in performing pension benefit calculations would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of a variety of administration packages, the TPA market (a background in administration may be helpful but not essential)
- Word, Powerpoint and Excel packages would also be advantageous.
You will have the opportunity to develop and build on your communication skills, team-leading skills, consulting skills and technical skills.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose:
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.