Without careful consideration today, tomorrow’s pensions don’t exist.
That’s where Isio comes in, giving our clients the advice and support they need to deliver better outcomes and financial wellbeing for their members in the decades to come.
Isio provides full-service pensions consultancy from actuarial expertise through to investment advice and third-party administration, as well as advising clients on providing the best possible reward and benefits packages for members. Following the acquisition of Premier in January 2022, now is an exciting time to join us as we broaden our offering. You will play a key role in driving forward Isio into the future.
We’re a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
Our Insurance Team offers full insurance de-risking services for both Trustees and Sponsors of Defined Benefit pension schemes. This is a key strategic focus for Isio and thanks to the continuing development of our digital platform and a focus on reacting to market needs, we are expecting continue to grow the team significantly over the next 12 months.
Therefore, we are looking for an assistant manager who has defined benefit experience who will work as part of a new technical resources team, working closely with client leads to deliver de-risking assignments for clients.
Senior Insurance Technician
We are looking for individuals with strong analytical skills and knowledge of defined benefits to work as technical specialists in our insurance team.
Role and Responsibilities
• Provide technical pension analysis, calculations and cashflow production to support Isio’s insurance teams preparing for and undergoing insurance transactions
• Support client-leads in new business generation. This includes responding to tender requests, preparing presentation materials and fee proposals
• Assist in development of junior members of the team
• Check work produced by junior colleagues, ensuring it is technically excellent and that calculations are accurate.
• Manage your own time and that of reports effectively to consistently meet all deadlines.
• Regularly monitor all aspects of risk compliance, particularly in relation to compliance with the Technical Actuarial Standards.
Experience and Competencies Required
• Good understanding of the UK pensions landscape and issues facing clients.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience of actuarial valuation/calculation software
• Organised and able prioritise your own tasks and manage small projects and teams.
• Excellent written communication skills.
• The ability to work effectively in a team.
• Consistently able to work at a high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach.
• Follow and improve standard processes to manage risk and quality when delivering across multiple projects
• Proactive and commercial approach.
• Contributes to the development of others.
• Strong IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.