Isio launched in March 2020, previously KPMG’s UK pensions practice, and is now one of the UK’s largest independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists. Isio combines actuarial expertise, third-party administration, investment consulting and DC specialism. Giving clear counsel and delivering better outcomes for pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members.
Our Investment Advisory team offers full investment consulting services to both trustees and sponsors of pension schemes across both defined benefit and defined contribution markets. Our practice is expanding to provide advice to charities, insurers and high net worth individuals on a range of investment issues. Our Investment Advisory team has grown significantly over the last few years and is a key growth area for Isio over the next few years meaning significant investment in new ideas and technology.
At Isio our primary purpose is to create better outcomes for clients, their members and society by empowering and developing our people. We strive to attract, retain and develop our people to create a culture which embraces difference, and provides creative solutions which drive value for us, our clients and our communities.
Isio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – what you are, and what you can be. We offer a competitive package and intelligent working solutions to promote this.
Investment Consultant – Senior Manager
We are looking for individuals with excellent investment consulting skills, backed up with a commercial outlook and internal drive.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Lead consulting role on a wide range of clients in terms of size and complexity
- Lead role in the provision of investment advice to our clients
- Ability and experience in driving forward strategy development for large and complex clients
- Experience in designing and implementing innovative investment strategies, including growth portfolio design, liability hedging portfolios and cash flowing matching portfolios
- Experience leading client meetings and delivering advice to large and complex clients
- Experience in leading a client teams on large projects and clients
- Experience in leading and supporting new business activities including production of tender submissions and pitches.
- Experience in thought leadership, including a desire to contribute the strategic direction of our advice to clients
- Experience in researching strategic ideas and opportunities and a desire to deliver innovating thinking on strategy for our national practice
- Ability to work with and manage interactions with multiple internal teams as we share ideas and ensure our strategic thinking is joined-up
- Experience in team leadership and implementing firm level polices and values on important areas such as diversity and inclusion, wellbeing and creating a supportive culture for all employees
Experience and Competencies Required
- Applicants are expected to be FIA/FFA or CFA qualified (or equivalent)
- Have 10+ years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills, including extensive modelling / VBA skills
- Extensive previous investment consulting experience
- The ability to take on a high level of responsibility
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team including delegation
- Willingness to manage clients and build strong relationships
- Appetite to drive forward innovative thinking on strategy development
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose:
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.