Isio launched in March 2020, previously KPMG’s UK pensions practice, and is now one of the UK’s largest independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists. Isio combines actuarial expertise, third-party administration, investment consulting and DC specialism. Giving clear counsel and delivering better outcomes for pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members.
At Isio our primary purpose is to create better outcomes for clients, their members and society by empowering and developing our people. We strive to attract, retain and develop our people to create a culture which embraces difference, and provides creative solutions which drive value for us, our clients and our communities.
Isio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – what you are, and what you can be. We offer a competitive package and intelligent working solutions to promote this.
Asset Transition Project Manager (Assistant Manager)
Our Investment Advisory team offers full investment consulting services to trustees and sponsors of pension schemes across both defined benefit and defined contribution markets. Our practice is expanding to provide advice to charities, insurers and high net worth individuals on a range of investment issues. The team has delivered fantastic results over the last few years and Investment Advisory is a key growth area for Isio meaning significant investment in new ideas and technology.
We are looking for an individual with organisational and technical skills, backed up with a commercial outlook and internal drive to work within our specialist Transition Management team. The team is primarily based in Leeds, but operates on a national basis and is an essential part of Isio’s growth strategy.
- Developing personal and team knowledge of investment manager/pooled fund trading operations
- Developing network of contacts at investment managers our clients invest with
- Building transition project plans and draft instruction documents for transition projects
- Producing/checking instructions for execution and finalising client correspondence required for clients to execute transition projects
- Project managing transition exercises of all sizes/complexities, being the primary contact to investment managers/custodians during the activity
- Maintaining reliable audit trails and backing should issues arise
- Calculating/checking transaction costs and fee estimates for a range of possible activities
- Managing project budgets and tracking financials to meet firm efficiency targets
- Undertaking research that falls to the Transitions team to help improve the team offering (e.g.: transition managers, FX, custody)
- Being responsible for delivering projects to colleagues at varying levels across different locations within the UK
- Input on training requirements for consulting team colleagues, being a key source of help to the wider team on transition projects when questions arise
- Mentoring other members of the transitions team, and members of the investment team on transition specific issues on an ongoing basis.
- Contributing to a culture of innovation, commitment, and enthusiasm as part of a market leading team.
Experience and Competencies Required
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, with constant attention to detail
- Able to draft clear and precise instructions
- Able to take on a high level of responsibility at an early stage
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to listen to the requirements of a project and then lead on it to completion
- Able to work effectively in a team
- Enthusiastic and proactive
- Highly organised and a methodical thinker to ensure projects are prioritised appropriately
- Willing to manage multiple tasks to demanding timeframes when required
We welcome applicants with a variety of different experiences and viewpoints to join our diverse and thriving team.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose:
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.