Isio launched in March 2020, previously KPMG’s UK pensions practice, and is now one of the UK’s largest independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists. Isio combines actuarial expertise, third-party administration, investment consulting and DC specialism. Giving clear counsel and delivering better outcomes for pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members.
At Isio our primary purpose is to create better outcomes for clients, their members and society by empowering and developing our people. We strive to attract, retain and develop our people to create a culture which embraces difference, and provides creative solutions which drive value for us, our clients and our communities.
Isio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – what you are, and what you can be. We offer a competitive package and intelligent working solutions to promote this.
Working as a member of the bids team this role will involve: assisting teams throughout the organisation to win and bid processes (from the arrival of an RFI / ITT through to debriefing the bid), helping teams to determine what the client is really looking for. Successful candidates can be based in any one of our London, Reading, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow or Edinburgh offices.
• Chair meetings to evaluate opportunities (go / no go decisions)
• Work with Engagement leaders and their teams to develop the response to the invitation to tender (chair kick off meetings with the team to discuss and identify differentiators and evidence to support this)
• Facilitate the team to identify key messages and differentiators for the bid and lead the creative process. Develop bid responses and creative output.
• Work with the Senior Business Development Executive and Business Development Executive to develop first draft of response and tailor this to the key messages.
• Coach and challenge the teams on client interaction at all stages of the bid cycle
• Facilitate the thinking and ideas for a presentation, help the team to shape their presentation, coach individuals and the team through 'dry runs'
• Ensure a debrief takes place both with the client and the internal bid team.
• Deliver training sessions and workshops on the bid process and best practice
• Disseminate bid best practice and communicate key learnings from bids across the bids team and where appropriate the wider marketing team.
• Work with the Regional Leads and the COO to report on a monthly basis on the pipeline for all Services.
• Ensure the reports and dashboards in Kimble is maintained and up-to-date.
• Facilitate the monthly pipeline process, including analysis of the overall pipeline for COO.
• Provide training to ELs and implement improvements.
• Line management responsibility for the Senior Business Development Executive and Business Development Executive.
• Oversee and manage the business development support team’s workload and capacity.
• Create and review processes on how we respond to tenders.
Wider business role
• Work with Design Lead to generate new idea on how we can present our tender responses.
• Assist key stakeholders on prospecting initiatives.
• Be a key part to the whole plan to win process, taking ownership of the bid stage of it, working with and supporting marketing, and COO during the remaining stages.
Experience and Competencies
• Extensive business development experience.
• Experience of managing multiple projects with time-critical deadlines.
• Ability to persuade, influence and challenge in a constructive manner and identify appropriate solutions.
• Excellent attention to detail in written material.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent skills in Microsoft Office Suite
• Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills - this job is about challenging and coaching people of all levels (including senior people) in bids best practice
• Strong creative ability, understanding brand, design and layout.
• Ability to work independently and flexibly with a strong use of initiative.
• Organisational skills with the ability to deliver a high volume of quality work.
• Capacity to prioritise and work across multiple projects.
• Problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle complex information.
• Ability to communicate with people at all levels.
• Analytical skills.
• Excellent teamwork skill.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.