Isio launched in March 2020, previously KPMG’s UK pensions practice, and is now one of the UK’s largest independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists. Isio combines actuarial expertise, third-party administration, investment consulting and DC specialism. Giving clear counsel and delivering better outcomes for pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members.
At Isio our primary purpose is to create better outcomes for clients, their members and society by empowering and developing our people. We strive to attract, retain and develop our people to create a culture which embraces difference, and provides creative solutions which drive value for us, our clients and our communities.
Isio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – what you are, and what you can be. We offer a competitive package and intelligent working solutions to promote this.
DC Investment Consultant – Assistant Manager
We are looking for individuals with excellent investment consulting skills, strong DC pensions technical skills and market knowledge, a commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial mindset. Successful candidates can be based in any one of our London, Reading, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow or Edinburgh offices.
Role and Responsibilities
-Produce and review high quality deliverables addressing key client issues including:
- Quarterly investment performance reports.
- DC investment reports on fund selection, default reviews and other DC investment client reports.
- DC investment manager research of fund manager products and provider default strategies.
- Support pension provider reviews, analysis of tender responses and drafting of high-quality summaries and reports.
-Demonstrate ability to understand and develop market knowledge around trends, developments and product innovation taking place in the market.
-Check work produced by junior colleagues, ensuring it is technically excellent.
-Prepare for and attend client meetings and help deliver advice.
-Take responsibility for and manage small projects, supporting lead investment consultants.
-Manage your own time and that of reports effectively to consistently meet all deadlines.
-Regularly monitor all aspects of risk compliance.
-Helping with identifying and researching business opportunities.
-Sharing knowledge with colleagues throughout the department and wider investment team.
Studying for CFA, FIA or equivalent FCA approved qualification and making good progress.
Experience and Competencies
- Good understanding of the UK DC pensions landscape and issues facing clients.
- Experience in carrying out investment strategy work, researching and reviewing DC pensions providers and a broad understanding of the key asset classes, investment managers and funds available to DC pension schemes.
- Organised and able prioritise your own tasks and manage small projects and teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a team.
- Consistently able to work at a high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach.
- Proactive and commercial approach.
- Contributes to the development of others.
- Strong IT skills.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.