Isio was ‘born’ in 2020, and we’ve been challenging existing thinking on pensions, benefits and investment advice ever since. We provide companies, trustees, and individuals with the highest levels of expertise across our core pensions business, which includes Actuarial & Consulting and Pensions Administration, as well as our complementary services: Investment Advisory, Reward & Benefits and Wealth Planning.
Our heritage gives us a unique edge. Decades of experience, combined with the independence we enjoy today, enables us to be agile and invest quickly in innovative new solutions for our clients and society.
Our relentless focus for better means we challenge tradition with the clear ambition to bring our industry into the modern world. Something we achieve, in close collaboration with our clients, day in, day out.
And while Isio is a young company, our people are some of the most experienced in their fields, bringing track records of having achieved commercial advantage for clients across pensions. Improving on long-accepted industry practices continues to drive us – and our business – forward. We are proud to work with a third of the FTSE 100, with over 200 boards of trustees, and across all sectors.
Isio are committed to delivering better opportunities for our people and our clients. Since launching, we have acquired Premier Pensions Management Ltd. to extend our service offering to new and existing clients. This year, we acquired Deloitte Total Rewards & Benefits Ltd., positioning Isio as one of the largest pensions advisory businesses in the UK.
We are a People First business, so we want to make sure that you are supported to reach your goals, whatever they may be. We’ll support you with studying, be flexible around family life and enable you to give back to the community through paid volunteering days.
We aim to create an environment where you can succeed in a role which makes the most of your existing skills and develops new ones.
We are committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – bringing your whole self to work every day. We have hubs across the UK and many of our roles are flexible in location to help create a work-life balance that works for you.
Isio Group are an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
Pensions Actuary – Manager
We are looking for individuals with excellent pensions consulting skills, strong technical skills, a commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial mindset.
Role and Responsibilities
This role will be suitable for experienced pensions consultants who are FIA/FFA qualified, and who have experience of leading client relationships and advising Trustee boards and Corporate clients. In addition to proven technical and client consulting experience, individuals are to have strong communication skills and be able to demonstrate that they can develop the people they work with to deliver quality work to clients.
- Advise Trustee and corporate clients on all aspects of DB pensions, including Scheme funding, journey planning, risk management and production of pension scheme accounting disclosures.
- Produce high quality deliverables that address key client issues.
- Attend client meetings and lead delivery of advice.
- Lead delivery of client projects end-to-end.
- Building and managing relationships with Trustee boards and corporate client.
- Ability to recognise and act on new opportunities on clients.
- Contribute to the development of junior colleagues.
- Regularly monitor all aspects of risk and compliance.
- Either FIA or FFA qualified.
Experience and Competencies
- Excellent understanding of the UK pensions landscape and issues facing clients.
- Able to consistently manage multiple workstreams and prioritise tasks accordingly to deliver high quality client deliverables.
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Excellent client relationship management skills.
- Consistently able to work at a high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach.
- Proactive and commercial approach.
- A proven track record in consulting with clients in a mainstream employee benefits firm.
- Ability to lead and coach less experienced staff and work closely with colleagues.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose:
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.