Isio launched in March 2020, previously KPMG’s UK pensions practice, and is now one of the UK’s largest independent pensions advice and wealth management specialists. Isio combines actuarial expertise, third-party administration, investment consulting and DC specialism. Giving clear counsel and delivering better outcomes for pension scheme sponsors, trustees and members.
Our actuarial team delivers professional pensions advice on a wide range of corporate and trustee pension issues. This includes scheme journey planning and risk management, actuarial valuations, producing accounting disclosures, benefit change, member options, insurance and risk transfer solutions and much more.
At Isio our primary purpose is to create better outcomes for clients, their members and society by empowering and developing our people. We strive to attract, retain and develop our people to create a culture which embraces difference, and provides creative solutions which drive value for us, our clients and our communities.
Isio is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion – what you are, and what you can be. We offer a competitive package and intelligent working solutions to promote this.
We are looking for individuals with excellent pensions consulting skills, strong technical skills, a commercial outlook and an entrepreneurial mindset. The role can be based in any one of our London, Leeds, Bristol, Reading, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh or Glasgow offices.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provide support in the provision of pensions advice to corporate and trustee clients.
- Produce high quality deliverables addressing key client issues.
- Check work produced by junior colleagues, ensuring it is technically excellent.
- Attend client meetings and help deliver advice.
- Take responsibility for and manage small projects.
- Manage your own time and that of reports effectively to consistently meet all deadlines.
- Regularly monitor all aspects of risk compliance.
- Show awareness of commercial issues and identify potential opportunities for clients.
- Studying for the FIA actuarial exams and making good progress.
Experience and Competencies:
- Good understanding of the UK pensions landscape and issues facing clients.
- Organised and able prioritise your own tasks and manage small projects and teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively in a team.
- Consistently able to work at a high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach.
- Proactive and commercial approach.
- Contributes to the development of others.
- Strong IT skills, especially Microsoft Excel.
Demonstrated Commitment to our Core Purpose:
Power in Partnership: We work in partnership with our clients & each other – building open and trusted relationships. Working together allows us to deliver the best for our clients.
Future Focus: We want to push our industry forward by solving problems in better ways that benefit both our clients & society.
Strength in Difference: We work with diverse perspectives to find better solutions. Working with differences makes us stronger.
People First: We recognise that pensions is a people business. People are the source of Isio’s expertise and it is people’s lives that we affect through our advice.